As the region’s population continues to grow, Metro Vancouver is looking for new ways to help pay for the construction of essential water infrastructure, such as reservoirs and water mains, to serve new residents and businesses.
Metro Vancouver is establishing a new development cost charge (DCC) for regional water infrastructure. Based on the principle of “growth pays for growth,” a water DCC would help recover some of the costs of building water infrastructure for new dwelling units, shifting some of the burden from ratepayers to developers.
Get involved and have your say:
- Visit the project webpage to learn more about development cost charges
- Sign up to the email list for project updates
- Join us in one of two webinars where you can ask questions, provide feedback, and talk to Metro Vancouver staff
- Friday, June 3, 2022, 2 to 3 pm
- Monday, June 6, 2022, 2 to 3 pm
- Complete a feedback form by June 23, 2022