Metro Vancouver is updating its Liquid Waste Management Plan and wants to hear from you.
Every day, the region produces more than one billion litres of wastewater — enough to fill BC Place. How Metro Vancouver manages that wastewater has a significant impact on residents’ quality of life.
The process to update the current Liquid Waste Management Plan is now starting and is expected to take place over the next three years. The plan establishes goals and actions to protect public health and the environment, use wastewater as a resource and minimize treatment costs.
The plan is being updated to:
- ensure continued protection of human health and the environment;
- reflect current and emerging societal priorities;
- maintain alignment with legislation;
- align with a broad range of other critical wastewater management initiatives underway across the region; and
- incorporate improved technologies and new scientific developments.
The update includes a review of the current plan and robust public and Indigenous engagement. Find out about current opportunities to have your voice heard as an individual, organization or member jurisdiction. Questions? Email email@example.com.