Date: January 26 – March 9 (Tuesdays)
Local governments have been active on climate change for 20 years, but we all need to do more. With climate action initiatives underway across this region, this six-part series focuses on two initiatives coordinated by Metro Vancouver:
- the Clean Air Plan, which sets priorities over the next 10 years; and
- Climate 2050, which looks out 30 years.
Metro Vancouver has set these climate goals for our region:
- Infrastructure, ecosystems, and communities resilient to the impacts of climate change
- Target a 45% reduction in emissions from 2010 levels, by 2030
- Carbon neutral region by 2050
What’s the path forward to achieve these goals? What are the priorities for this region? Join a webinar to find out.
Learn about climate actions already underway in our communities, and what’s coming next. Topics include modelling effective actions, energy, nature and ecosystems and more. Provide your input and ask questions.
Find more information and register here.
For information on Climate 2050 or the Clean Air Plan, visit metrovancouver.org and search ‘Climate 2050’ or ‘Clean Air Plan’.