As part of our commitment to delivering excellent customer service, Metro Vancouver conducts annual surveys at regional transfer stations to better understand customer needs and monitor trends.
The most recent survey, conducted in late 2019/early 2020, involved interviews with 5,650 customers at Metro Vancouver and City of Vancouver solid waste transfer stations and recycling depots.
Consistent with previous years, customers remained highly satisfied with the services provided. Survey results showed that:
- 94% of customers were satisfied with the hours of operations at facilities
- 88% of customers were satisfied are satisfied with the level of service at the Transfer Stations
- 93% of customers were satisfied with the range of materials that can be dropped off
- 70% of customers agreed that fees were reasonable
- 92% of agreed that wait times are reasonable
The one-stop-shop model — a single location to drop off garbage and a large variety of recyclables — continues to be popular at the Coquitlam and North Shore transfer stations. Some customers at Langley and Surrey transfer stations, which do not have recycling depots ahead of the scales, wanted to be able to drop off more types of materials.
We are looking at ways to collect additional feedback from transfer station customers to help better understand the customer experience and improve services at Metro Vancouver solid waste facilities.
Read the full survey results here.